Sunday 11 March 2012

100 Days Without Shopping?!?

Yes, you read correctly, I am considering taking this up. I don't know if i'll be able to do it, but I wanted to give it a try and test myself.
I don't spend too recklessly, but I am known for un-needed splurges on make-up, clothes (when I have wardobes full i've never worn), and, well, general rubbish that is collected in the junk heap some of us call a 'bed room'.


I'm taking inspiration for this by a lovely blogger Danielle (http://www.ablogfromblackpool.com/)
and lots of other bloggers are doing the same i'm sure you've already read.


Not to fret, I have plenty of other interesting (well, I think...) posts to come so the hauls may have to wait for
a while, although I do have some new items I have not yet blogged about, so stay pealed.








A lot of people have different rules, so here are mine:
1.) I am able to spend my money on travel, food/drink, driving lessons, birthday presents, my phone contract (as I have no real say in the matter, it has to be paid ) and all other REAL essentials - this does not mean things I already own!
2.) I am by no circumstances NOT to spend my money on things I dont need: I.e. magazines, make - up (I have tonnes), clothes (again, I have tonnes), furnishing/decorations for my room, candles, perfume, etc. You get the drift.
3. A rule I found inspiring from Danielles blog is to make a note of anything wanted and what you would usually splurge out on if you could use your money. After the ban I will be able to look at this list (probably pages and pages long) and see how unimportant the things on my list were... and realise I managed without them!
4. I must re-use any products which are half full (yes, I am an optimist) or are nearly finished.
If you have any suggestions on any other useful rules let me know!




The clock is ticking... this ban will start now (Sunday 11th March) and will last until the Tuesday 19th June (Correct me if I'm wrong - my maths is attrotious! - probably my spelling too).
The aim of this exercise is to, offcourse, cut down on spending, but also, to test myself to see if I can keep myself entertained (and sain) without my favouritie hobby: shopping. I want to know what its like to no longer have that 'shopping buzz feeling' and find other ways to excite me/cheer me up. I really hope I can do it! Wish me luck!
Are you doing the challenge? Any tips or advise?
Tweet me @zoelianne_x or comment below!
Xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I admire your dedication to this, I'm not sure I would be able to do it!

    Am looking forward to seeing how you get on :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun :) hopefully I can do it! Will keep a weekly post to update it! xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following hun! I'm not as brave as you or danielle as I'm just doing a month for my shopping ban (not very successfully at the moment!!) haha! Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) Aha i think i'm in over my head don't know how its gunna go! Good luck with yours sweet, even 2 days has been difficult! xxx

      Delete