Friday 1 February 2013

January Favourites


January Favourites

Today I am sharing with you 8 of my most - used, favourite products of January. I haven't done a Monthly Favourites post since back in March last year, so thought I would come back with my most recent faves!.








Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Fresh & Foamy Body Wash

This month I have fell in love with this product. It smells of lime and kiwi and the scent lasts on the skin for ages! The body wash itself lathers really nicely, and I also like the pump applicator at the top of the bottle, as it gives just enough product so you do not over use and waste it. I have been reaching for this almost every time I have had a bath or shower, it is such a fresh scent. The bottle I bought is 500ml and costs £6.50 from Boots, for the size of the product I don't mind paying the price as I love the scent and it lasts for ages.




Neal & Wolf Elevate Volumising Hair Lotion For All Hair Types

I received this product in the goodie bag from the Birmingham Bloggers Meet Up mid January. It is a lotion you apply to your hair once it is towel - dried, promising to achieve "ultimate volume" once blow-dried. I can honestly say I am really impressed with this, it really does work. Neal and Wolf advise to blow dry your hair with a big round brush, which helps to create great volume in your hair. I have used it every time I have washed my hair since receieving it; leaving my hair ultra soft and with lots of volume , so that I barely have had to style it afterwards. It is a really impressive product and I am pleased with the results, its definitely something to look into. The product retails at £11.95 for a 200ml bottle on their website, which you can go to here. 



Wella Shockwaves Ultra Strong Power Hold Hairspray

I am forever on the hunt for a good hairspray, and this month I have found a really great one. Shockwaves are known for their great quality hair sprays; having used their hair wax before I decided to give this a whirl. It really does keep your style in place, doesn't make my hair 'crunchy' or stiff like most other hairsprays, and is also great for back-combing. It leaves a lovely shine to my hair and was a pretty great price too! It retails at £2.85 from Superdrug for a 250 ml sized bottle. Bargain!




Sleek iDivine Eyeshadow Palette in 732 Snapshots

I have been using this palette so much this month! I really wanted to try and be more creative with my eyes, as I am always pretty simple when it comes to eye shadows and never really venture into using much colour. I was lucky enough to recieve this in a give away a while back and I really adore Sleek's palettes, I own two others and this is just as good as those. I have enjoyed blending these eye shadows out and playing around with the different colours - the shadows themselves are beautiful and very highly pigmented. You can buy this palette or any other Sleek product from Superdrug, with their palettes retailing at £7.99.



MUA (Make Up Academy) Pro - Base Fixing Mist

I had heard quite a lot about make - up fixing sprays, but never really ventured into buying one, as, to be honest, I dont tend to wear make up all day every day, so I didn't really feel the need to. Up until recently, I have wanted to wear make - up all day, but the make - up I use often needs a bit of adjustment by the time I have finished work! I decided to buy this MUA one as opposed to the likes of Urban Decay, because it is a lot more in my price range for a product I may not even get a lot of use from. I have found it keeps my make - up in place for most of the day, and lasts me up until night time so I dont have to reapply throughout the day. It claims to last for up to 8 hours, I would definitely agree with this statement, as it seems to keep my make up in place for well over the 8 hours. I brought this during MUA's 50% sale earlier in the month, with its usual retail price of £5 being slashed down to £2.50, which was a great bargain. This can be bought instore at Superdrug (I cant find it on their website) or the MUA official website for £5.




MUA (Make Up Academy) Professional Mosaic Blush in Shade 3 English Rose

It is no suprise this is the second product by MUA on my favourite list this month. I recieved this blusher for Christmas off my OH, big well done to him for doing so well! I have wanted this blusher for a while now, I love swirling my blusher brush around the different colours creating different pinks. I have found if used carefully, the sandy and brown tones can be used as a highlight or bronzer. A great multi - purpose product for me, with it giving a lovely colour to the cheek bones. It costs only £2.50 from Superdrug. It has definitely been my favourite blusher to use this month.




Accessorize Diamond Sparkle Lipgloss in Shade 1 Magical

I am not usually very fussed on wearing lip glosses, I am more of a lip balm kinda girl, but recently sorting my make up storage out, I found this little gem I bought a good few months back now. I 'shopped my stash' around a bit and began using this again. It is quite a sheer baby pink with lots of sparkle, something I have opted for on nights out. My usual problem with lip glosses are that they are far too sticky for me. Sticky = too much fuss. This lip gloss isn't sticky at all, though. It has a very sweet scent and nice on the lips. They usually retail at £4 in Superdrug but are currently reduced to £3.45, the link to the deal is here. Standard delivery is currently free (until the 14th February) on the Superdrug website so an even better bargain!




Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in 30 Peach Kiss

I was lucky enough to win another pretty amazing give away a few months back, where I recieved this little beauty which came all the way from America, way before they are released in the UK. It is a gorgeous nude shade, with a sheer coverage great for every - day wear. It smells delicious! It is so, so moisturzing on the lips, too. I have been wearing this quite a lot over the past 2 or 3 weeks, it is a great lip balm which could be easily passed up as a sheer lip stick in my opinion.

What products have you loved this month?




All photographs are taken and owned by me. If you wish to use them please ask beforehand.  

6 comments:

  1. I bought the MUA mist as well, although I haven't used it very often. I'm liking it so far though, and I'm going to try it with some of my foundations which don't have great staying power and see how it holds up.

    This month I'm loving Apocalops in Celestial - I've been reaching for it nearly every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is good so far for me too :)
      i really want to try an apocalips out! x

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the lipgloss!

    I've been looking for a makeup fixing spray too so maybe i'll give this one a try.

    Kimberley x

    http://kimberley77.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fixing spray is good so far worth a try!

      the lipgloss is really lovely so cheap too! :) x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the Soap and Glory body wash. I have the sugar crush scrub and love the smell so much! :) x

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is a gorgeous scent isn't it! definitely recommend it it works great with the scrub afterwards too! :) x

      Delete