Sunday 7 April 2013

My Lipstick Collection!

Lipstick Collection!



Hi hunnis, hope you are all well. I have been wanting to post a lipstick collection for a good while now, but I have just been pretty busy I haven't had chance to get round to it until now. My collection is not huge but I would say I do have a fair few lipsticks and I definitely do not need to buy any more! The lipsticks are mainly drug store but there are a few random ones in there too. I usually go for very similar toned lipsticks as you will see, there is a fair few muted pinks! 


MAC Lipsticks - M.A.C Red, Pink Plaid

These two are the only MAC products I own as of yet, and they are fairly recent purchases. M.A.C Red (Back 2 Mac) is a pure red which I knew I instantly wanted. It has a Satin Finish and is very long lasting. I don't own any pure reds and I wanted a good quality red so it would last through out the day. Pink Plaid is a very pretty pink which I find really wearable for every day. The finish on this lipstick is Matte which is probably my favourite finish on a lipstick. It is highly pigmented and I use this a lot.

MUA Lipsticks - L-R: Shade 3, Shade 7, Shade 9, Shade 12, Shade 14

As you can see I have a little selection of MUA lipsticks, as they only cost a pound each they are so easy to pick up and try out any old colour. My favourite of all five is the nude (shade 14) which is long - lasting and a beautiful colour. Shade 3 and 12 are lipsticks I picked out when I was feeling daring and haven't used very much yet as I am not confident enough to pull off a very bright pink lip. Shades 7 and Shade 9 I use quite a lot as they are really pretty and quite moisturising on the lips for such a tiny price tag. 

Jemma Kidd Make Up School Ultimate Lipstick Duo in 11 Rita, 12 Dolly

These lipstick duos are double ended and have a balm on either side. I don't really tend to use the balm to be honest. Rita is a very pretty dark nude and Dolly is a very 'dolly pink'. I like the colours but I was not impressed with the quality - Rita pretty much snapped off when I first tried it, and both lipsticks are very thin so I find it difficult to apply from the tube.

Natural Collection Lipsticks - Coral Shimmer, Rose Bud

I used to have a lot of Natural Collection lipsticks but they seem to have disappeared! I could only find these two which are both pretty colours. Coral Shummer is a very 'Salmon' colour which I adore, I am not brave enough for matte corals so this is quite a sheer coral (but is build-able for pigmentation). Rose Bud is a lipstick I bought a while back but hasn't really been used much. I find these products to break inside the tube after a short amount of time owning them, has anyone else found that?


Rimmel - L-R: Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 03, Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 08, Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 19, Lasting Finish in 077 Asia, Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 101

I am a big fan of Rimmel Lasting Finish lippies, in particular the Kate Moss range. The ones I own are all pretty much pink/nude tones and very moisturising  My least used one is Asia, I just don't tend to reach for this colour as its quite dark on the lips and I don't think it suits me very much, but is still a very pretty colour. 03, 08 and 19 are very pigmented and last for about 4 hours on the lips.


Maxfactor Colour Elixir in 610 Angel Pink, No 7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in 40 Pink Lemonade

Angel Pink by Maxfactor is a beautiful girl-y baby pink, which I adore, it is one of my favourites. It applies so nicely to the lips and feels so moisturising, if you want to see swatches click on the link to the blog post I have written previously as there are swatches and a full review on there. Pink Lemonade by No 7 is VERY moisturising, almost feels like a lip balm once on. I haven't used this as much as I had thought I would have, as it is so sheer and seems less pigmented than when I first bought it. It is very similar to my lip colour which is why I tend not to reach for it as much.

Soap and Glory Lip Stick in Perfect Day, Sleek True Colour Lipstick in 775 Liqueur 

I bought the Soap and Glory lipstick on a whim, and I have got to be honest that I have only tried it once. It is very dark on the lips and I am not quite confident enough to pull it off, so this may be given to my sister. It seems a nice product but it looks a lot different on the lips than when I swatched in store before I bought it. It is a very dark pink. The sleek lipstick is my go - to every day lipstick. It lasts well, and is a muted pink which adds a touch of colour to the lips. The formula of the lipstick is good as it lasts all day and does not cause any chapping or dry lips.

Barry M Cosmetics Lip Paint in 152 Vintage Rose

This is a gorgeous colour. Sorry the photo does not do it justice, the camera I was using kind of gave up on me towards the end! This a really deep pink berry colour. I adore this. This is the first Barry M lip paint I have ever tried and I must say it is very mositurising on the lips, I definitely recommend. 


Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in 30 Peach Kiss, MUA Lip Boom in Its A Situation, Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayon in No 2

These products are not exactly classed as lipsticks but I thought I would add them here anyway. The Baby Lips Lip Balm is almost like a sheer lipstick so I thought I would include it here too. It is super moisturising, albeit not the greatest lip balm, I like the sheer peach colour to it. MUA Lip Boom is a very dark red, not moisturising, leaves your lips very dry, doesn't last very long, BUT is a beautiful colour. It is a deep red/almost purple tone. The lip gloss on the other side is quite nice alone, but I wouldn't usually put it with the lipstick.
The Barry M lip crayon is a product I wouldn't normally use as I have never really used many lip crayons or pens, but I love this. It is a bright, sparkly red which lasts really well and feels very creamy on the lips. I want to get more of these!

Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker in Punch Bowl, Accessorize Diamond Sparkle Lip Gloss in Shade 1 Magical, Front Cover Lipgloss Duo

These are the only lipglosses I own, so I thought I would share them here also! Sexy Mother Pucker Lipgloss - I never understood the hype for this! I cannot stand this lip gloss, it is so, so sticky! I always hear great reviews about these lip sticks but I just find this ridiculously sticky I cannot cope with it on my lips for longer than 20 seconds. The Accessorize lipgloss is the complete opposite. Its not sticky at all, gives great colour pay off and looks nice on top of all of my muted pink lipsticks! The double ended Front Cover lipgloss (I cant find the name) is quite nice, a little sticky but bearable. I prefer the light shade as it is quite sheer, the bright pink is a little gloopy and I don't use it much.


That is it! All my lipsticks, I quite like my collection I just need to be a bit more daring and try and wear the colours I am wary of.
I have left links to my blog posts on reviews for each individual lipstick if you want to see a full review, swatches and to see what they are like on the lips.If you would like to see a review of any of the other lipsticks which I haven't already reviewed, do let me know and I will do that next :)

What is your staple lip colour?







6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. You have quite the lipstick collection. I like all the nude colors.
    Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog -Girlie Blog Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the collection! I love how soft Barry M lipsticks are :) and the pink MAC one looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun :) its my first one but its sooo nice! x

      Delete
  3. I love these type of posts! You have a lovely collection :)
    I love MUA lipsticks and the Max Factor one looks fab, too.
    I have that Soap & Glory lipgloss and also really didn't like it - it's so sticky! Erghhh.

    Jesss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun, glad its not just me that doesn't get on with it - thought it might be just a bad one but last year i bought the peach one and that was just as bad! :(
      me too, mua lippies are so affordable if you want to try something new! xx

      Delete