Thursday 12 February 2015

Strawberries and Cream Valentines Sandwich Recipe

Strawberries and Cream Valentines Sandwich Recipe!






Hi everyone. With Valentines being just a few days away, I thought I would share a really cute and unique little recipe from Roberts Bakery with you all. Roberts Bakery has teamed up with nutritionist Dr Carina Norris to create this special romantic themed sandwich recipe. Personally, I would choose a few light snacks on Valentines Day over a heavy meal any day, so the strawberries and cream sandwich is something I thought would be a great idea if you are planning on doing something a little bit different on Valentines Day - and it is really inexpensive to make, too!

I have included the recipe below - it is super simple.
Ingredients:

4 slices of Roberts Bakery Soft & Fluffy White Loaf
Approx. 8-10 strawberries, sliced
1-2 tubs of cottage cheese
Rocket leaves
Freshly ground black pepper

Method:

Lay some of the rocket leaves on the bottom slice. Drain the cottage cheese to remove as much of the liquid as possible. Add a generous layer of cottage cheese, and top with strawberry slices. Season with a grind a black pepper, then top with another slice of Roberts Soft & Fluffy White bread.

Add a Twist:

Use low - fat cheese for a healthier Valentines. Use a heart shaped cutter to add a little bit of love this Valentines.


I was pleasantly surprised as I found the some-what bizzare pairing of the strawberries and cheese quite a good mix. I think the flavours work really well together and I really enjoyed this sandwich. I would definitely recommend trying it out! It is so, so easy to create and takes just five-ten minutes to prepare.
As well as the sandwiches tasting great, I just love how they cut cut into cute heart shapes. I have decided all of my food will be heart-shaped from now on!
I think this recipe would be perfect for a special valentines indoor picnic or even to pop in your loved-ones lunchbox for a nice surprise at lunch time - I bet the heart shaped sandwiches will make their Day!
Be sure to check out the Roberts Bakery website to have a browse of their other products!
 http://robertsbakery.co.uk/

*Post includes gifted items*

1 comment:

  1. strawberry sandwich?!! i have to give this a go haha xo

    http://madelainelouise.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete